Monday, October 10, 2011

Sexual assault victim denounces Bay County hairstylist at sentencing hearing

via MLive.com

Despite weeping heavily, a woman remained resolute in telling a Bay County hairstylist how the sexual assault she suffered at his hands shattered her life. “I felt like a piece of crumpled white trash left on a street corner,” said the woman this morning just before Khiem N. Tran learned he will spend up to the next 15 years in prison. The woman was 21 when she visited Stylistics By Night in Monitor Township on Aug. 8, 2010, and was molested by Tran as he washed and cut her hair. The woman had not met Tran, 49, before visiting his salon. “At age 21, I was a sister, a daughter, a lover, a friend, a coworker and a boss,” the woman continued. “I am no longer the person I once was. I survived and I’m alive, but I feel empty.”

No comments:

Post a Comment