Monday, July 30, 2012

Davison man who received broken nose in sexual assault of Bay City teen gets year in jail


A Davison man sexually assaulted two Bay City people in one night, receiving a broken nose in the process, expressed heavy regret in learning his penalty this morning. “I want to apologize to everyone I hurt,” said Eric E. Besaw. “For the past seven and a half months, I’ve felt nothing but shame and anger at myself. I’ve anguished immensely over what happened and the pain I’ve caused everyone I know and love. This entire situation has devastated me and I’m truly sorry. This has been a life-alter experience for me. I have and will take lessons I’ve learned from this to heart.” Bay County Circuit Judge Joseph K. Sheeran sentenced the 41-year-old Besaw to one year in jail with credit for 228 days served. Upon release, he is to spend five years on probation, must register as a sex offender, pay $500 in costs and receive sex offender treatment.

Read the full story at MLive!

No comments:

Post a Comment